Sunday, August 2, 2009

KUL-ARN-EWR-IAF-MAF

I was in Midlands,Texas from 15th till 22nd July 2009 including the travelling time. It was kinda rush travelling plan as I only got my US visa approved in the morning of 15th July 2009. It took me 4 days to travel to and from Midlands. Flight time is about 30hrs+. From Kuala Lumpur, I flew to Arlanda,Stockholm then onwards to Newark,New York with MAS. Then from Newark, I flew to Houston then to my final destination Midlands on Continental Airlines.

Midlands is a small city like Kuala Kangsar or Kuala Pilah. It's a flat land as u can see the view many miles away in clear sky. I came during summer and the temperature is high as 41degC and the sunset at 9pm and rise as early as 5am. At 8am you can already feel the heat.

I was here to Witness the String Test for the newly manufacture Diesel Engine FWP. The test was conducted in the middle of the desert and I have to be under the heat for the whole 4 hrs. What an experience.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience as I'm not sure when will I step my feet in US again. Here are some photos of Midlands.













No comments:

Post a Comment